- 1. Valiant/Unisex All. I love this striking short asymmetric bob. It was their gift at the 2016 Hair Fair Event.This is the style I go for time and again, it is easy to wear with any outfit, and I have all the colour packs.
- 2. Binah/Unisex E-Metallic. I love the subtle shading on the colours in this colour set. I wasn’t sure how metallic it would look, but it is quite unusual in a subtle way. I love the ombre effect. It comes in two parts, the top of the head part, and the bottom part. The zipper effect is one of their more bizarre looks, but I love how unique it is. The shaved hair bases come with it, and are not an exact match for each colour, but you can tint via the Catwa Main HUD.
- 3. Vanguard Dips. This style has a wind swept feel to it, and could also be used as a wet hair look if you were caught in the rain, or went for a dip in the pool.
- 4. Ethereal Dips. Another funky style, it comes with a Scepter Add-on, which is the metal and top knot part of the hair. I love the Dips colour HUD because of the ombre effect which highlights the chiseled features of so many of the .Shi range.
- Make Up: Slack Girl Pluma and Nina Eyeshadows, XoXoGloss for lips.
- Jewellery: Chop Zuey Sweetness earrings, RealEvil Envy Tags necklace.
Last night there was a British Invasion at The Willows, the best club in Second Life. Faleen, the owner and host, had transported the club back in time to the roaring sixties in Carnaby Street, London, Britain. There was a cobbled road, red telephone kiosks, red post boxes, and even a blue police box. Steverino had thoughtfully parked a few of his cars in the street, but didn’t leave the keys in them. I was hoping he wouldn’t miss one of them, I had my eyes on this gorgeous one! I think it suits me, don’t you?
The music was matched to the venue perfectly, DJ Graylon kept everyone dancing with hits from the Beatles, Lulu, and Herman’s Hermits, to name just a few. Everyone dressed in theme and Faleen even had sixties dances to keep us in the groove.
What a fun night it was at The Willows, the best club in Second Life. Faleen, the owner and host, changes the decor each night, with a change in music genre to match. Wednesday is the Biker Bar, with leather as the dress code, but tonight it was Best in Latex. I love any excuse to wear one of my latex outfits, and as we were in the Biker Bar I opted for something a little risque. I must have found the right mix because I won Best in Latex! Thank you Faleen!
The Willows was opened in 2012 by Faleen and her husband Steverino, and I found the club in 2013. Whether it is your first visit there, or your hundredth, you will always find a really warm welcome, not only from Faleen and Steverino, but also from everyone who visits there. It is like a huge big family get together, and the perfect place to celebrate any event. There have been many wedding proposals, birthdays, anniversaries, and rez days held at The Willows. Faleen goes out of her way to make those special moments something to remember, with cake, champagne, balloons and even a billboard! Faleen really does excel at what she does, and it is no wonder friends, old and new, keep coming back time after time.
Oh how I love make up on my Catwa mesh head! I always loved make up, and matching it to my outfits, but now, on mesh heads, everything looks so much better.
Here is a little photo collage I made up of some gorgeous make ups.
- The top two and the bottom left pictures show a gorgeous Madrid Solo set of eyes and lips called Illusion One. There is a pallet of six eye shadows and six lipsticks. The shadows are beautiful iridescent colours, and the lipsticks are gentle pearl tones.
- The last picture bottom right is a gorgeous eye shadow by Zibska called Iris, which comes in a pallet of 12 bright colours. The lipstick is by Just Magnetized called Crocus Lipstick, and comes in a pallet of 16 beautiful colours, ranging from darks to lights.
Dress One, I first saw this awesome little dress at Hilly Haalan‘s store. I was perusing the shelves and my eyes hit upon a plain looking black dress. It was very simple and unassuming, but I instantly feel in love with it. It has a colour change HUD, with 20 colours, you can change the top, belt and skirt. The best part about it, is that it fits a TMP body, and was only $L99. There are so few items made for TMP bodies, my choice of mesh body, that when I do see something for TMP I am highly delighted and will be more inclined to test it out. I do understand how TMP has been selective with giving out their Dev Kits, but come on designers, they are freely available now, so please can you all grab them and get designing. Yes, I have thought, briefly, about getting another mesh body, one that has more fashion options. I tested one, and yes, the alpha HUD was better, yes, the nails had a choice of lengths, and yes, it was Omega friendly, but I love that I have 10 hand positions, which are all really natural looking, so I really couldn’t bring myself to change. I have had my TMP body from their first inception, and I have suffered the lack of fashion choices ever since. Although, I do find some designers use sizes that work very well for me, and also Fitmesh is everyone’s friend! I don’t think any size is 100% perfect, well, not on my TMP body, but I have a huge selection of body shapes I have made over the years, to accommodate various designers and their clothes. I have no idea if that is the norm for all mesh body wearers, I seem to be one of the few people that has only the one type of mesh body, and only the one mesh head! Whether that will change after Project Bento is grid wide remains to be seen.
Dress Two, was by R.icielli, 20 colours HUD for changing top, belt, and skirt colours. This dress was only $L79, and seemed to have a more leather type texture to it. It too was in a TMP size, so for that price I liked that I had more colours and textures to play with, and, I knew it would look great.
Dress Three, I found because I was looking for a costume to wear to a ‘Cops and Robbers’ theme night. This is a complete outfit, which included, hair with hat, dress, jacket, guns, holsters, hand cuffs, sunglasses, necklace, and boots. It too, was in a TMP size, although the boots were not, but by taking of my feet, I managed to get one of the sizes to work. There were no colour change options on this outfit, it came in Black, Blue or Pink, but it did include two versions of the hair with hat, blonde and black. Again, I recognised the dress style, and so I knew it would look great. This complete package cost $L350. I was really delighted with it, it all went together so well, and the attention to detail was great.
So, one dress, and three designers, and there are probably a few more versions out there somewhere too! I love each one of them, the first two versions each have differing textures and colour HUDs, which gives oodles of choices!
- Dress One: Hilly Haalan, Liza; Hair-Exile, Loose Ends; Jewellery-RealEvil, Lux Sasha
- Dress Two: R.icielli, Jolene; Hair-[monso] My Hair, Yua; Jewellery-Earthstones, Crystal Rain
- Dress Three: [PPD], Im Your Cute Cop Blue
I was just catching up on my blog, got to get this finished!