The last few weeks have seen me gathering a fantastic stash of great make ups, maybe I just noticed more of it at the various vendors?
Here are some very pretty festive eyeshadows. These are by alaskametro, from a recent gacha. There are three sets in this Gala collection, from the top down, set 1, set 2, and set 3 (rare). I would love to say I have a favourite one, but I can’t. I think at a quick glance I loved the red 3 colour version in the middle, but seriously, when you try these on, you will quickly see how the depth of colours and details really do shine through. I thought the red and green from set 2 were a great choice for the typical Christmas red and green outfits.
I first started using alaskametro make ups with my standard SL body, and they were the first brand I went to when I got my Catwa Mesh Head. In fact, I didn’t realise that one of the make ups I already had was Catwa or Omega compatible, back in the days when I had no idea what mesh heads were, and thought that Catwa only made great hairs! Check out more pics here, and here.
11 years ago I was introduced to Second Life and I have been a resident there ever since. That is some staying power for ‘just a game’! We all know the draw of SL, and we all get gripped by the bug.
Avatars have changed so much over the years, everything is mesh now, with flexi this and that. Although I don’t even know if flexi is a term to use anymore? I can remember the rigid hairs, and clothes, of the early days. If you bent over or sat down your skirt would stick out like a crinoline of yore. The hair was the same, if you wore long hair and looked down your hair stuck out at right angles! One of the many reasons I only ever wore short hair. I remember I chose to be a Goth/Vampire because I thought white skins looked so much better than the orange tone of the normal skins. Such was my logic back in the day.
This dress is just superb in every way! I love the casual simplicity and elegance of it. It is by Just Because, and does not come with a HUD, so you have to pick your favourite colour and go with it. I love this neutral tone and deliberately chose it to go with one of the many colours that these amazing boots have on their textures HUD. I wear a TMP mesh body, so when I do find things to fit, be it footwear or clothing, I am doubly thrilled. Clothing is a little easier to adjust to fit, but there are precious few good quality thigh boots made for TMP. This pair by Hilly Haalan are just totally divine! They come with 30 different textures, so you are bound to find a colour to go with lots of differing outfits. The texture, the look, the fit… sheer perfection. They are now my all time fave pair of boots.
- Hair: Little Bones, Vee
- Mesh Head: Catwa, Alice
- Mesh Body: TMP
- Skin: DeeTalez, Evelyn European
- Eyes: Fate
- Make Up: Slack Girl, Wing Shadow; Madrid Solo, Bewitched Lips
- Dress: Just Because, Silvia Dress Taupe
- Footwear: Hilly Haalan, Onyx Boots
- Jewellery: Earthstones, Diamond Tennis Bracelet Platinum; Eternity Bridal Set Platinum; DBL, Emotions Mood Ring; RealEvil, Envy Tags; TMP, Coco Le’Chel Bow Knot Bracelet; Chop Zuey, Sweetness Earrings
- 1. Valiant/Unisex All. I love this striking short asymmetric bob. It was their gift at the 2016 Hair Fair Event.This is the style I go for time and again, it is easy to wear with any outfit, and I have all the colour packs.
- 2. Binah/Unisex E-Metallic. I love the subtle shading on the colours in this colour set. I wasn’t sure how metallic it would look, but it is quite unusual in a subtle way. I love the ombre effect. It comes in two parts, the top of the head part, and the bottom part. The zipper effect is one of their more bizarre looks, but I love how unique it is. The shaved hair bases come with it, and are not an exact match for each colour, but you can tint via the Catwa Main HUD.
- 3. Vanguard Dips. This style has a wind swept feel to it, and could also be used as a wet hair look if you were caught in the rain, or went for a dip in the pool.
- 4. Ethereal Dips. Another funky style, it comes with a Scepter Add-on, which is the metal and top knot part of the hair. I love the Dips colour HUD because of the ombre effect which highlights the chiseled features of so many of the .Shi range.
- Make Up: Slack Girl Pluma and Nina Eyeshadows, XoXoGloss for lips.
- Jewellery: Chop Zuey Sweetness earrings, RealEvil Envy Tags necklace.