11 years ago I was introduced to Second Life and I have been a resident there ever since. That is some staying power for ‘just a game’! We all know the draw of SL, and we all get gripped by the bug.
Avatars have changed so much over the years, everything is mesh now, with flexi this and that. Although I don’t even know if flexi is a term to use anymore? I can remember the rigid hairs, and clothes, of the early days. If you bent over or sat down your skirt would stick out like a crinoline of yore. The hair was the same, if you wore long hair and looked down your hair stuck out at right angles! One of the many reasons I only ever wore short hair. I remember I chose to be a Goth/Vampire because I thought white skins looked so much better than the orange tone of the normal skins. Such was my logic back in the day.
Now we have evolved into mesh, and have just witnessed the birth of Bento. I am looking forward to the next update of the TMP body, as that is reputed to be Bento compliant. I am sure there will be as many people against getting into Bento as there were those that resist/ed the conversion over to mesh.
But, for now, 11 years on and still loving the diverse nature of all that is our collective Second Life. Here I am, having a little wander through Duet, a great sim for exploring and finding the perfect spot for some photography. I bought a new outfit to celebrate, and found this stunning little dress with a lace overdress, and shoes with long socks. Happy 11th Rez Day!
- Hair: Exile, Cozy Winter Nights
- Mesh Body: TMP
- Mesh Head: Catwa, Alice
- Skin: DeeTalez, Evelyn European
- Eyes: Fate
- Make Up: Slack Girl, Lala Smoke Eyeshadow; Madrid Solo, Bewitched Lips
- Jewellery: Earthstones, Diamond Tennis Bracelet Platinum, Eternity Bridal Set Platinum; EMO-tions, Abigail Long Necklace; TMP, Coco Le’Chel Bow Knot Bracelet; DBL, Emotions Mood Ring
- Dress: Hilly Haalan, Suki Dress Halter, Suki Dress Lace
- Footwear: Hilly Haalan, Suki Platform Pumps w. Socks